||Sensor Technology (Lasers and Electro Optics )
|M.S. by Research
Department of Applied Physics is one of the leading departments in Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DU).
The department has eight (8) faculty members including DRDO scientists contributing to teaching and research activities.
This department runs a M. Tech programme on Laser and Electro Optics. In this course, the first year constitutes courses related to Lasers, Advanced Optics and Optical Fiber Technology. The second year is completely devoted to projects which are focused on frontier research areas mainly related to Defence Applications. Very good laboratory infrastructure is available for laser and fiber optics in the department. 24 Ph. D students are working for their doctoral degree in the fields of Nano Technology, Applications of Nano Materials optical fibers and lasers here. Several research projects sponsored by DRDO, Department of Science and Technology and Department of Biotechnology are in progress in the department at this juncture.
Additional Contributory Courses for Armed Forces and other Defence Organisations:
- Technical Staff Officer Course
- Technical Training Course
- Naval Technical Staff Course
- AESC, IOFSOC, GMC
- GWIC, EMI/EMC, AWDSC
- GMC, BEFC
- Department of Applied Physics has 100% placements of their M. Tech students, mainly in DRDO laboratories and private companies.
Sponsored Research Projects
- Department of Science & Technology: Cross Linked polymeric cages for encapsulation and sustained release of Nanomaterials/ Drugs. (Dr.Sangeeta Kale as Principal Investigator)
- Department of Biotechnology: Rifampicin and ionized complexes formed with nano particles for inhi -bition of growth of multi drug resistant myco bacterium tuberculosis with the aim towering the current minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) as well as method of administration. (Dr. Tejashree Bhave as Principal Investigator)
- Development of nanomaterials for chemical, biological sensing
- Nanomaterials for applications in diagnostics and healthcare.
- Nanostructured devices and heterostructures for device applications
- Particle Physics, ion-irradiation effects on materials and nuclear physics
- Large scale nanomaterial synthesis, photovoltaic and energy applications, drug delivery, swift heavy ion modification of materials
- Carbon nanotubes, graphene, large scale synthesis, nanoadditives (specialty polymer clays)
- Nano-imaging, force microscopy, nanosensors for biomolecular detection, nanocomposites.
- Graphene synthesis
- EMI shielding supercapacitor spintronics
- Nanomaterial for therapeutics diagnostics Energy
- Microfluidic Mixers
- Mid IR and THz Laser Technology High Power Lasers
- Laser Raman Facility
- Fiber Optics Laboratories
- Scanning Probe Microscope Laboratory
- Laser Laboratory
- Nano Material Synthesis Laboratory
- Carbon Nanomaterial Synthesis Laboratory
- Nano Sensor Laboratory
- Thin Film Laboratory
- Atomic Force Microscope
- X-ray Diffractometer
- Nd : YAG laser
- Raman Spectrometer
- High power(980nm) single mode laser diode source
- Solar Simulation
- Dye laser, CO2 laser Diode laser
- Optical Spectral Analyzers
- Splicing Instruments for Optical Fiber
- Scanning Tunneling Microscope
- Physical Vapor Deposition
- Furnaces and Oven
- Laser Spectrum Analyzer
- Photonic crystal fibers
- Erbium doped Fiber
- Fiber Brag Gratings
- Passed out one Ph.D student.
- Faculties published 10 research papers in the international peer reviewed Journal
- Two products on sensors are under development.
- Conducted seminars, international conference
- Faculty members gave an invited Talk at national and International Conference
Adjunct Faculty Members :
- Dr. Dilshad Akhtar, Dir ER IPR DRDO, New Delhi.
- Dr. R. B. Sharma, DRDO, New Delhi.
- Dr. S. B. Ogale, Sc. 'G' , NCL Pune.