|PhD (IIT-Bombay), PDF-UK,S.Korea
|Head, Department of Applied Chemistry
|MRSI Medalist 2010, Best Researcher of DIAT 2014
|Chairman: Incubation Cell
- Research Fellow, SERC, Queens’ University of Belfast, UK
- Research Fellow, SERC, University of Wales, Swansea, UK
- BOYSCOT Fellow, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, UK
- Visiting Scientist, South Korea,
- International Fellow, South Korea
- Brain Pool Scientist, South Korea
- More than 25 years in Research and Lecturing
- Completed 15 R&D projects funded by government funding agencies like DST, ISRO, MNRE, DIT, DRDO etc
- Chairman, Doctoral Research Committee DIAT (2011-15)
- Dean Academic affairs DIAT (2011-14)
- Project management (academic, consultancy, industrial) from Indian as well as from International agencies
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Teaching skills for postgraduates and research assistants
- Conducing workshops and conferences
- Managing core and contract faculty, researchers, and project staff
- Course design for various institute in India
- Resource manager for various Institutes in India and abroad
- Writing patents and technical documents
- Coordinating International programmes
- Academic board member of VIT, Pune
- Nanotechnology course design committee member of Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Member Board of Studies in chemistry of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Convenor of several International Conferences
- Chairman of Various committees at DIAT
- Life Member of Society of Materials Chemistry
- Life Member of Materials Research Society of India
- Life member of Maharashtra Academy of Sciences
- Past Member of Material Res Soc. Singapore
- Associate Member of Institute of Nanotechnology, UK
- Ex. Associate of Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
- Ex-Member of Korean Chemical Society
|Awards and Honors
- DIAT Researcher of the Year 2014
- Materials Research Society of India (MRSI) Medal-2010 Best Entrepreneur Award, British Council, India, 2008-09
- Editorial Board Member of Defense Science Journal, DRDO
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal on Green Nanotechnology: Board of Viswakarma Institute of Tech.(VIT), Pune.
- Reviewer of several Int. Journals,
|Area’s of Research
- Applied research in Organometallic
chemistry of chalcogens
- R&D on Nano-particles of metals
and their chalcogenides
- New Chemical strategies for developing
- nanomaterials / quantum dots via direct and molecular precursor route.
- Nanotechnology via solution chemistry targeting particles dimension of <10 nm solar cells, optical devices and sensor applications
- Inorganic chemistry for magic clusters and white light
- Chemically designed nano-particles for photo catalysis and environment
- Quantum dots for bio-nanotechnology.
- R&D on inorganic / polymer Nano-composites
- Metal Nano-particles for petroleum energy
- Green chemistry for Nanotechnology
||Others (Conf /Lect Invited)
Latest Five Publications
- Chemically Designed Pt/PPy Nano-composite for Effective LPG Gas Sensor, N. Gaikwad, S.Bhanoth, P. More and Pawan K Khanna, Nanoscale, 2746-2751, 6 (5), 2014.
- Photodegradation of organic dyes based on anatase and rutile TiO2 nano-particles, Ashish Gautam, Rahul Biswas, Anuraj Kshirsagar, S.Banerjee, Pawan K Khanna,RSC Advances, 2746-2759, 6, 2015.
- Rapid Microwave Synthesis of White Light Emitting Magic Sized Nano Clusters of CdSe: Role of Oleic Acid, Aditi Jadhav, PV More, Pawan K. Khanna RSC Advances, 76733-76742, 5, 2015High Energy Material Research Lab, Sutarwadi, Pune, India
b Defence Institute of Advance Technology (DIAT), Deemed University, Kadakwasla, Pune, India c .Rubber Technology Centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- Polymer based graphene/titanium dioxide nanocomposite (GTNC): an emerging and efficient thermoelectric material Abhijit Dey, Priyesh More, Pawan K. Khanna, Arun Kanti Sikder and Santanu Chattopadhyay and others, Dalton Trans., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5DT02877A
- Impact of Microwave Irradiation on Cyclo-octeno-1, 2, 3-selenadizole: Formation of Selenium Nanoparticles and its Polymorphs, Aditi Jadhav, Pawan K. Khanna RSC Advances, 44756-44763, 5, 2015
- Graphene Titanium dioxide nanocomposite (GTNC): One Pot Green Synthesis and Its Application in Solid Rocket Propellant, Abhijit Dey , Vinit Nangare, Priyesh V. More, Md Abdul Shafeeuulla Khan, Pawan K. Khanna, Arun Kanti Sikder and Santanu Chattopadhyay, RSC Adv., 63777-63785, 5, 2015.
- Core–shell ZnSe–CdSe quantum dots: a facile approach via decomposition of cyclohexeno-1,2,3-selenadiazole, S. Bhanoth, Priyesh V. More, Aditi Jadhav and Pawan K. Khanna, RSC Advances, 17526-17532, 4 (34), 2014.
- Plasmon Mediated Photocatalysis by Solar Active Ag/ZnO Nanostructures: Degradation of Org. Pollutants in Aq. Conditions. Aby H, Kshirsagar A, Khanna PK, J Mater Sci Nanotechnol 302, 3(3), 2015.
- Fabrication of Transparent ZnO/Polycarbonate Nano-composite Thin Films and Their Suitability for Food Packaging". N. Gaikwad, Vividha Dhapte, S. Kadam, S. Banerjee, PV More, V. Dhapte and Pawan K. Khanna, Polymer Composites, 1(2), 106-112, 2015.
- Effective Silver Nano-ink for Printable Electronics and Pen-on-Paper-Writing, Neha Singh, Priyesh V. More, Jyoti Srivastava and Pawan K. Khanna, Advanced Material Letter 2015 (accepted)
- Synthesis of Optically active TiO2/Polymer Blend Nanocomposites for prevention of food degradation, Rahul Biswas, Aashish Gautam, P.G. Joshi, P.K. Khanna, Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering (in press) November/December 2015 ISSN: 2296-9845.
- An Efficient Solventless Method for Synthesis of Cycloalkeno-1, 2, 3-seleandiazoles and Their Antimicrobial Activity Against Various Human Pathogenic Bacteria, Aditi Jadhav, Vaishali Dhanwe, Prasad Joshi, Pawan K. Khanna, J Heterocyclic Chem, J Heterocyclic Chemistry, 102, 51, 2015(Springer).
- Biotoxicity of CdS/CdSe Core-Shell nano-structures , Sreenu Bhanoth, Anuraj S. Kshirsagar, P. K. Khanna, Akruti Tyagi, Anita K. Verma, Adv Nanoparticles, (accepted & in press, August 2015).
- Modification of optical, structural and dielectric properties of MeV ions irradiated PS/Cu nanocomposites, Chaitali Gavade, N. L. Singh, P. K. Khanna, Sunil Shah, J. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, 9726-9731, 15, 2015.
- Study of Zinc Oxide Nanofluids for Heat Transfer Application, Ujjwal Kumar Bhagat, Priyesh V More and Pawan K Khanna, Scholarena, SAJ Nanosci. Nanotech. 101, 1(1), 2015.
- Modification of optical, structural and dielectric properties of MeV ions irradiated PS/Cu nanocomposites, Chaitali Gavade, N. L. Singh, P. K. Khanna, Sunil Shah, J. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, 9726-9731, 15, 2015
- Versatile SiO2 Nanoparticles@Polymer Composites with Pragmatic Properties,
- Effect of ballistic modifiers on the burn rate of extruded composite propellant formulations based on thermoplastic elastomeric binder, K. S. Mulage, A. K. Mishra, R. N. Patkar, S. H. Kharat, P. K. Khanna, & S. D. Kakade, Int. Journal of Energetic Materials and Chemical Propulsion, 375-388, 11 (4), 2013.
- Silver nanoparticle mediated enhancement in growth of Brassica juncea seedlings is triggered through modulation of antioxidant status, Priyadarshini, Deepesh Bhatt, M.G.H. Zaidi, P.P. Saradhi, P.K. Khanna & Sandeep Arora, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2225-33, 167(8) 2012.
- Gold-Nanoparticle Induced Enhancement in Growth and Seed Yield of Brassica juncea, Sandeep Arora, Priyadarshini Sharma, Sumit Kumar, Rajeev Nayan, P.K. Khanna and MGH Zaidi, Plant Growth Regulation, 303-10, 66, 2012.
Editorial Board Member
- Defence Science Journal (2015-2017)
- Guest Editor of Special issue of International Journal on Green Nanotechnology: Physics and Chemistry (Taylor and Francis, USA) (from ICFMD2012)
- Guest Editor of Special issue of Defence Science Journal, DRDO, India (from ICFMD2012)
- Elected as a Review Editor on the Thin Solid Films, nature publishing, May 2014
- Editorial Board Member of Asian Poly. Journal (Formly Asian Chitin Journal): An Int.Journal, 2012
- Editorial Board Member of Journal Nanotechnology and Adv. Materials (Naturalpublishing.com), 2012
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal on Green Nanotechnology: Physics and Chemistry (Taylor and Francis, USA)
- Guest Editor of Special issue of ‘J. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chem.’ (Taylor & Francis, USA) vol. 37(1/2), 2007.
- Expert group member of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Govt. of India, core committee on Nanobiotechnology (2006-09 & 2009-12)
- Expert group member of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Govt. of India, core committee for Nanobiotechnology center at IIT Guwahati (2009-2014, 2014-17)
- MRSI Pune chapter council member, since 2003
|Name of the students
|Mr. Banoth Shreenu (M.Sc., Scholarship)
||Quantum dots and their applications in energy.
|Mrs. Aditi Jadhav (M.Sc., Scholarship)
||Organo selenium compounds and their applications in nanotechnology
|Mr. Anuraj S Kshirsagar (M.Sc., Scholarship)
||Organochalcogen compounds for ternary chalcogenide materials for solar cells
|Ashwani Kumar Mishra Scientist, HERML
||Studies on extruded composite propellant.
|Ms. Neelam Shukla M.Sc. Scientist, DMSRDE
||Siloxane modified polyurethane and nano composites for EMI applications.
|Mrs. Sukeshini Rahawal, M.Sc. HERML DRDO Sponsored
||Studies on Effect of Various Fuels, Oxidizers, Energetic Binders and Nitramines on Combustion Behaviour, Sensitivity ad Mechanical properties of Igniter Compositions for Solid Rocket Propellant
|Prasad Ganesh Joshi M.Sc., B.Ed, M. Phil DRDO Sponsored
||Synthesis and Characterisation of N-containing ligands & their transition metal complexes
Last Updated on Friday, 19 August 2016 06:10